Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hiatus

I am back online after a two month hiatus. On the first day of school, one of my students told me, "I Googled you, and your Hawaii thing came up." I assumed she must be talking about the gift registry for our wedding, but decided to Google myself when I got home just to double-check. The registry did come up, but so did my blog! Alas, being a teacher in a small-ish town already means a relative lack of privacy, and the idea that my students could peek into my personal life whenever the whimsy struck really freaked me out. I deleted my blog immediately. Damn, you, Google! Anyway, I just checked, and this no longer comes up as a "hit" when I Google myself, so I am going to give it another go. If Be Happy Crazy Heart suddenly goes missing in the future, you will know why.

A brief summary of the last two months: School starting; figuring out how to teach a combination class; getting the most wonderful, adorable group of kids in my class and finding out that teaching a combination class is not as hard as I imagined; being a newlywed; house-hunting; finding, bidding, buying, and moving into a new house; getting Trick-or-Treaters for the first time in four years (no one wants to hike up an enormous driveway and two flights of stairs for a mini-pack of peanut M & M's); getting back into the habit of exercising (I hit the gym three times this week, which is precisely two times more than I have been to the gym in the past two months); and finding and deciding to adopt a three-legged cat when looking for moving boxes on Craigslist. More on No-Leg Nola soon.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment