Monday, January 3, 2011

The Pants Diet

A certain someone, whom I happen to live with, lost ten pounds over the holidays. I find this extremely annoying. Needless to say, I, like most women, tend to notice that my pants are a bit tighter in January. Sure, my daily treats from my Secret Santa probably didn't help, but still, certain someone and I ate the same peanut butter cup fingerprint cookies, buttery mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, hot toddys, peppermint ice cream, and creamy milk chocolate Santas from November till now. So what gives?

I am about to go on what I call a "pants diet." It has nothing at all to do with a scale, and everything to do with the fit of my favorite pants. I am currently almost to the stage where I wear nothing but skirts, not because I am a fancy lady, but because I can't stand the thought of my waistband squeezing my muffin-top in half. And please don't say that I have no right to complain because I am thin--trust me, you haven't seen what lies beneath the top of my control-top tights.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment