
We headed down to Seattle last weekend for our annual White Elephant holiday party at Cara and Phil's house. The gifts ranged from a Nerf dart gun to a nose-and-ear-hair trimmer to a 24-pack of Charmin Ultra (which was my prize to take home at the end of the evening--Eric and I briefly considered saving it for company (ha!), but then decided that it was simply too fluffy to save).

The gifts have changed from year to year, but the group of friends has not. These are the girls with whom I have shared the rent, had too many Cosmopolitans, revealed loves and suffered break-ups, told secrets, bickered, traveled, gained weight, lost weight, and laughed and cried. Amongst this group we have introduced new boyfriends, announced engagements, planned weddings, witnessed vows, told news of pregnancies, and seen babies grow to toddlers. We don't see each other as often as we used to, but I am so glad that we do make time whenever we can.

I am still debating whether the highlight of the evening was watching Becca help Cara open her white elephant gift, which was a cleverly illustrated guide to the Kama Sutra; taking the first bite of Christy's eggnog cheesecake; overhearing Ava playing a solo game of "Kiro 7 Weather Report" and declaring that tomorrow would be, "
Sun!"; or watching Daphne get stuck in the dog crate due to the too-big bike helmet she wore for much of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment