I made my mom a really special card for her birthday today. It is based on a template in an amazing Japanese book on creating paper automatons. This is only my second attempt, so there are a few changes I will make in the next one, but I do like the end result! It's a bit hard to see in the video, but it's a little sailboat (Number 64!) bobbing on waves. You'll have to excuse all of the chatter in the background--yes, that's my dad shouting, "Action!"--my tech skills are not exactly up to par, and I couldn't figure out how to edit out the sound.
It's so cute! And all made out of paper?? I can't even do origami, so this really looks amazing to me. Liz
ReplyDeleteYup, just paper and glue. In the book where I got the pattern, they show photos of a high school paper automaton competition in Japan--pretty amazing stuff!
ReplyDelete