I am starting a summer camp. Well, not by myself, but with my good friends Katie and Stephanie. It was a stroke of genius, prompted by a dream my mother had. Katie is teaching music, Steph is teaching creative writing, and I am teaching art. We took a leap, and everything has fallen in place so far--Lindsay helped us make a delightful flyer, registration form, and website (although she says it's not a real website, it looks like one to me. Must be a graphic designer thing; being able to tell real websites from imposters). I received our first registration form yesterday!
It has become harder and harder to go to work each day, to get in my car and dedicate myself to a job from which I have been let go for four out of four years. Of course, an optimist might say that I have also been hired for four out of four years, but I have never been quite as sunny-side-up as all that. Camp is the thing keeping me going right now, and getting the second, third, and fourth registration forms today pretty much floated my boat all day long.
Creative Kids Camp will debut in July, and I couldn't be more excited!
What a fun idea! I like Lindsay's faux website, too. I'll look for rave reviews of the camp later on. Liz
ReplyDeleteAnd a perfect camp it has turned out to be! Yay us!!
ReplyDelete