Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Clay Rattles

Creative Kids Camp is going swimmingly; in fact, it has kind of renewed my faith in teaching. I have gotten so bogged down with politics that I had semi-forgotten that I really like this job. Yesterday someone came to fix the lock on the door to the art room, and we discovered, in our attempt to open the door for some fresh air after getting dizzy from Sharpie fumes, that he had not fixed it, but had actually locked us in. As I was contemplating the thought of being locked in an art studio with 12 kids and a bunch of art supplies, I thought, "Hmm...that sounds kind of nice. I wonder if someone would deliver us pizza through the window?"

On Monday we created clay rattle heads, which is a tricky project for kids this age. Their creations far surpassed my expectations! Here are a few pictures of works in progress--they went into the kiln this morning for the bisque firing, and will be glazed and fired again tomorrow. The imagination and personality put into these is really, in my opinion, quite stunning.





No comments:

Post a Comment