Katie and I attended the Lynden Fair a couple of weeks ago. It was her first visit and my one-millionth, which might explain my rationale in putting together a very special outfit for the occasion, complete with tribal-print leggings and sparkly flip-flops. I was on the lookout for a gold fanny pack to complete my ensemble, but did not find the perfect piece amidst the air-brushed t-shirts and henna tattoos on display in every corner. We did, however, see sheep wearing neon spandex workout gear (I am not kidding; you know that's too good to make up), so that kind of made up for the lack of fanny packs.
My rationale for the pants lingered somewhere between wanting to fit in with the locals, and the thought of spending the day in a town other than our own, and therefore being anonymous. Ha! We probably ran into at least a dozen families from our school, including two moms who I actually caught in the act of talking about my pants. I took a moment to clarify that the pants were a joke. An ode-to-the-fair, if you will.
Anyway, here is the picture that Katie took on our way into the fair, which she emailed me from her phone with this somewhat alarming message:
"Please be aware your friends can forward your picture, video, and album share invitations to others or post the unique Web link to your share invitation on any number of sources, through which others could also gain access to your online photos. If you have private or sensitive photos you are sharing, please share them only with those you trust."

Special pants for a special girl.
ReplyDeleteGood thing Katie had a camera ready!