Sunday, April 15, 2012
Horse Butts
I saw this amazing wall-mounted coat rack on Etsy the other day, and I knew right away that I had to have it. However, I was not about to pay $60 for something I could easily make myself (sorry, fellow artist who came up with the idea!), so today I hit Goodwill for the needed supplies. Besides getting to chat with our mayor while in line for the cashier (yes, the mayor of our town shops at Goodwill--you gotta love that), I scored a sandwich bag full of plastic horses, a wooden wall-mounted coat rack, a cookbook stand, a red cardboard letter "a," and an amazing solid brass lobster with bowls for claws, which is now on top of my dresser filled with my favorite jewelry. By the way, the only items that pertain to this particular project were the horses and the coat rack--along with a quick stop to Kmart for a can of blue spray paint, I was all set. Total cost for the project: $8.
A very special thanks to mom and pop for their assistance with this project! I do have a few excellent pics of my dad looking extremely focused while sanding a tiny horse's rear end, but I may have to save those for another occasion.
Step 1: Take the original wooden hooks off the coat rack.
Step 2: Paint the rack blue.
Step 3: Saw horses in half and drill holes in them.
Step 4: Come up with creative ideas for the refuse. You've been warned: A severed horse body may be coming your way.
Step 5: Screw the horse butts into the rack.
Step 6: Screw the rack into the wall and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment