...since I last posted. But, alas! You know how life gets in the way. Here are some of the highlights of the past many months.
My mother, for her 65th birthday, decided we should go ZIP LINING.
Although I am terrified of heights (in trying to explain my fear to my
mom, I said "What if I asked you to go jump in a snake pit with me to
celebrate
my birthday?!") I bucked up, took a xanax, cried, and
then joined in on the fun. I am, of course, using the term "fun"
loosely. I am glad I went, and my mom had a great time, but this was my
first and last zip lining adventure.
 |
| Yes, that is sheer terror you see on my face. |
 |
| Happier on the ground |
We lost an awesome tree in our backyard. We aren't really sure what
happened to it, other than it got ill and turned a sickly shade of
orange. Fungus? Parasites? We don't know, but down it came. And yes,
that is my husband suspended from the tree by a climbing rope, with a
chainsaw tied to his belt. Gotta love that man.
Eric and I spent a long weekend in Whistler to celebrate our anniversary
in August. I had never been before, and was quite delighted by the
whole experience--we spent an evening in a tiny cabin next to a river in
Squamish, which was, I am pretty sure, the most peaceful place I've
ever been; followed by three nights in Whistler Village, where we played
tourist. We ate, saw the sights, took a ride in a glass-walled gondola
and an open-air chair lift, saw a black bear nibbling berries as we
swung our feet in the breeze, and looked at cute mountain bikers who
were there for Crankworx (well, I
might have been the only one of
the two of us who noticed the cute bikers, most of whom were 24-year old
babies in Billabong t-shirts).
 |
| Was I still afraid of heights here? Hell, yeah! But it was so pretty! |
 |
| I did unspeakable things to bears all over Whistler. |
 |
| Eric with das boot. |
We spent a weekend visiting Eric's Oma (grandma) and his daughter in
Port Townsend, and stayed at this amazing historical Bed 'n Breakfast.
And I tried oysters for the first time at our favorite Port Townsend
pub. Not sure about the oyster part, but I liked the accessories, namely
the butter and hot sauce.
 |
| No t.v.s here! |
After making Eric read the entire "Hunger Games" series and dragging him
to see the movie with me and my girls, he gallantly agreed to dress up
as Effie Trinket and Haymitch Abernathy for Halloween. Nailed it.
 |
| Let the games begin! |
Plus Eric had surgery, I went on a wild girls' trip to Arizona, No-Leg Nola got even cuter, and then Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and winter break, and now spring is almost here! Eric planted garlic in our garden, and I am determined it will be far less pathetic this year. I will make that my New Year's Resolution, if it's not too late.
It's about time you wrote! I've missed it.
ReplyDelete