Monday, June 24, 2013

A special date with Dad

This Father's Day, my Dad and I spent the morning at one of his favorite local hangouts, the  Bellingham Heritage Flight Museum. I had never been there before, and was so pleased to discover this little gem for myself! It is a very cool museum, with tons of amazing artifacts, many from WWI, WWII, and the Vietnam and Korean Wars (I saw a helicopter pilot's escape map printed on a silk scarf! And the actual helicopter from M.A.S.H.! And photos from Apollo 8!). The website said that 1940's attire was encouraged, so I wore my amazing cotton housedress (circa 1941...were women this busty back then?! Sheesh!) and pincurls (which quickly blew away), but it looks like I was the only one who got the memo. We saw fly-bys from incredible vintage aircraft, shared some fries, and all in all, had a lovely date.



No comments:

Post a Comment