Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My New Classroom


Here it is! I have officially arrived as a teacher--this year I received a job contract and moved from a portable into the main building. It's been weeks of moving, organizing, planning, etc., but everything is starting to pull together. My new room has a sink (hooray!), tons of storage, a view of the playground, and best of all, it stays cool on hot days--this is important when you teach 5th graders! If only the state health department still gave 5th grade teachers deodorant samples to give the kids during health class...

I am teaching a 4/5 combination class this year, which is a new endeavor for me. I have taught both grade levels before, so I am mostly familiar with the curriculum, but the logistics are making my head spin! I'm sure that, as usual, I will find things to be less complicated than they seem. I am going to try not to let this keep me up at night.

4 comments:

  1. Tara - I love the blue sky and clouds behind the number line. How did you do that? Just light blue butcher paper and white paint? I would love to try something similar in my kindergarten room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teri! It was secretly just to cover up the weird white water-stained holey wallboard that runs along the top of my new room. It's just blue butcher paper and construction paper clouds. It took forever but I think it will last awhile since it's up so high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great. It must feel good to be so "settled".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It was kind of a nightmare moving in to the new room, but thankfully I had my parents and Eric to help me every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete