
We followed the ceremony with a visit to Oma, then lunch at Cedarbrook Lavender and Herb Farm in Sequim. Sandwiches, fish and chips, and salad with lavender vinaigrette rounded out our meal, plus a beautiful toast by Eric. Even though he did smash cake in my face, I forgave him when he made that toast.
We spent an amazing couple of days in Sequim, but are happy to be home this evening. Buddy forgave us right away when we explained why we had been gone. Here are a few pictures from our trip.
Groveland Cottage Bed & Breakfast

Inside our room at the B&B. It was called Mr. Seal's Room, but we never really figured out why...

Looking out onto the marshes on our walk to the beach

The truck we wanted to buy on the way to the beach. Just what Eric needs...another project vehicle. It would be so cool, though!

Eric on the beach. He forgot his sweatshirt.

The best intersection in Sequim. Which way to go? And yes, I know I have the sense of humor of a 6th grader, but c'mon, this is funny.

So here we are: Mr. and Mrs.! I know it's cheesy, but I really do feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now. We will celebrate with more family and friends tomorrow at our reception, then we are off to Hawaii in a week! Now I just need to figure out how to fit two weeks' worth of clothes into a carry-on bag. At least they will be mostly bikinis and sun dresses, right?
I love the picture of the two of you against the sky - beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a very romantic day.
I always enjoy your 6th grade sense of humor.
Isn't that picture awesome? We have Laura to thank for that. It was indeed a very romantic day, and I wouldn't have done it any other way. It was super fun to get to celebrate with all of our family and friends at the reception too, though!
ReplyDeleteTara congrats to you and your hubby! You looked beautiful of course and I am looking forward to meeting him one of these days. Way to go on the job front sister!!! I knew it would come sooner then later. Be Happy.
ReplyDeleteTara, I LOVE your blog! I'm so glad you started it.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to this particular posting, I wanted to say the picture of you and Eric is absolutely stunning! So beautiful. Also, can you please describe what is to be found at the intersection of Kitchen-Dick and Woodcock? If I lived there, I'd open up a very interesting kitchen supply store.
Thanks, Peggy! It sure feels good to have a little bit of job security, and to be in the building with the Real Teachers. :) I am excited about next year!
ReplyDeleteZoe, at the intersection of Kitchen-Dick and Woodcock, there is, surprisingly...nothing. Just some fields. I think your idea is much more creative, though. It could open up a whole new tourist industry to the Sequim area: A visit to Forks for the Twilight tour, with a stop at Sequim's naughtiest kitchen supply store on the way.
ReplyDelete