Thursday, November 25, 2010

Deviled Eggs


I was responsible for bringing stuffing (Trader Joe's cornbread stuffing rocks!) and deviled eggs to Thanksgiving dinner. I'm hoping to someday have my own funky-chicken deviled egg plate, but for now, I borrowed my mom's.

Deviled Eggs
Serves 12-24

12 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
1/2 cup mayo
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. mustard
2 Tbsp. chives, cut very small
Salt and black pepper to taste
Paprika
Cayenne pepper

1) Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and reserve the yolks in a big bowl.
2) Add the mayo, sugar, vinegar, mustard, chives, and salt & black pepper to the bowl.
3) Mash everything well with a fork.
4) Spoon the mixture back into the egg halves.
5) Sprinkle with paprika and cayenne pepper.

2 comments:

  1. Damn...reading this reminded me of what we forgot for our little T-giving celebration,the D-eggs! I guess we will have to start over tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love deviled eggs--and love them with a little turkey in the middle even more. I'm totally hungry now.

    ReplyDelete