Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving with the Fam


We gathered at my parents' house today to eat, drink, be merry, and give thanks. On the menu: mashed potatoes (my mom makes them in a crock pot with butter, sour cream, and cream cheese mixed in--pretty much heaven on earth), wasabi mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce (both homemade and the special kind with the pretty little rings around it), green bean casserole, sweet potatoes (apparently made with Emeril's recipe--wowza! They involved lots of bourbon and cinnamon), deviled eggs, tiny pickles and regular-sized olives, rolls, turkey, pumpkin pie, chocolate tart with raspberries, apple pie, pumpkin cake...

The food was divine, plus I got to hang out with my amazing family and drink wine and play boardgames afterward.


This year I am thankful for: snow (which also gives me an excuse to drink my next item on the list), Irish cream whiskey, my wonderful man and his impressive snow-driving skills, my family, the fact that I can now leave our two kitties in the same room at home when we leave, forced-air heat, fuzzy slippers, fuzzy snow boots, Netflix watch-instantly movies, and wool sailor pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment