Sunday, January 29, 2012
Man on Crutches
Eric is broken. Well, his Achilles tendon is, at least. He was in the midst of a rousing basketball game at our local Y, when he heard a pop and felt like someone kicked him in the back of his leg. I drove him white-knuckled to the Emergency Room--the roads were snowy, icy, and in my opinion, in no condition to be driven on--and now he is on crutches. He does get to have quite a fancy-looking boot along with the crutches, to push the tendon together and help it heal, but still...it's been rough for him. I thought I was being such a good little nurse, making him a delicious sandwich each morning before work and leaving it all wrapped up on a plate with a side of carrot sticks and grapefruit wedges, but last night he finally mentioned that it's a bit...tricky...to carry a plate of food when one is on crutches. Oops. It's looking to be a long recovery process, so we are both adjusting. I am going to put his lunch in a bag from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment